Monday, January 14, 2013

Train Tangent

  Well I had my first day of classes for this Semester today. I am very nervous all my courses seem to be really hard but I guess that goes with the major right?  Hopefully I will do alright in Organic Chemistry.
   I attempted to take the FrontRunner today but failed. Ugh I am still upset about it. I got there early but I guess I should have gotten there earlier. My hands were numb and I had trouble picking my ticket and then when I finally did, it said I was too slow for pulling my money out so I had to redo it. After redoing it I got the ticket and the receipt and walked towards the entrance. When I got to the place to scan my ticket I pulled out the receipt but had no ticket! I frantically searched all my pockets and found nothing. Then I hear someone yelling "train departing!"then I see the train zip past me. I retraced my footsteps and found the ticket. I couldn't wait for the next one otherwise I would not make it to school in time so I just drove. That ticket is nonrefundable and is only valid for today.
  I hate driving to SLCC I feel so horrible about my Carbon Footprint. I also hate the time it takes up when I could be studying. SLCC has a pass for $200 a semester for Trax and UTA buses but doesn't include the FrontRunner. If I take the FrontRunner I have to pay the difference which can add up pretty fast. I was so excited that Utah was getting better at their public transportation but it's not quite working for me yet. The train stations are pretty far from my house. In the spring I could ride my bike to them but right now I don't trust the icy roads.


2 comments:

  1. Hang in there! It sounds a lot like my stupid day. Better luck tomorrow for both of us:)����

    ReplyDelete