Well we made it to the Utah Renaissance Festival and Fantasy Faire. Over all it was pretty fun. The best part was making the costumes. Which we knew would probably be the case:) It was neat to see what other people were dressed as. I really liked the Bards and Nobles, especially the more upbeat songs. They were the ones that made the drive worth it. It was nice to actually put our costumes to use. Alyssa helped sew my peasant/ tavern wench dress. She made her noble green dress and juliet cap. She made all of Peter's noble/robin hood outfit. And she helped make Dane's viking pants. Which were ripped a few times by his leaping or climbing :) Dane bought the tunic and armor off of Etsy.
My over skirt is full of keys, wallets etc. That is why it is falling down.
Robin Hood about to ambush the poor unsuspecting viking
Viking pillaging the town and capturing a maiden
Peter and Alyssa
It has been really fun sewing with my sister. I'll just need to figure out new projects. I really do want to make clothes I could actually wear but so far I have not found any pattern I actually like. And sometimes it can be pretty pricy but there are ways to make it cheaper. Hobby Lobby every few weeks will have their patterns go on sale for a dollar. And home fabrics usually has really good sales of nicer material.
My over skirt is full of keys, wallets etc. That is why it is falling down.
Robin Hood about to ambush the poor unsuspecting viking
Viking pillaging the town and capturing a maiden
Peter and Alyssa
It has been really fun sewing with my sister. I'll just need to figure out new projects. I really do want to make clothes I could actually wear but so far I have not found any pattern I actually like. And sometimes it can be pretty pricy but there are ways to make it cheaper. Hobby Lobby every few weeks will have their patterns go on sale for a dollar. And home fabrics usually has really good sales of nicer material.
Oh my gosh!!!! That looks like so much fun! I love stuff like that:)
ReplyDelete