Dane as many know doesn't like "ordinary" things. He does not want to be a a cookie cut of any sort. He doesn't want to do anything because it is tradition or because everybody does it. Weddings for a long time have bothered him. He doesn't really care for the traditional acts in matrimony. When it was his wedding he wanted to make sure people knew there were pieces of him in his wedding.
There was a conflict between both of us dealing with the wedding. I always imagined the "traditional wedding" flowers, candles, lacy stuff etc. I always thought that the woman was usually the one that cared and not the man so it wouldn't be a problem. There was. So Dane and I made an agreement if I got to decide how the wedding ended up he got to make the invitations. It was settled.
Time passed and it was time to make the invitations. Dane had lots of different ideas and finally decided on one. He wanted both of us in Tron looking suites. So tight fitting space looking uniforms. We would then make paper mache helmets. Our background would either be in Torrey or the Salt Flats. Basically places that could pass for a different planet. On the back it would say "where no man has gone before" and have a lamb with a astronaut helmet on it. (I took that sheep class last semester so grew a fondness of sheep).
A lot of people thought this was a good idea. At least that is what they told us. Everyone except my parents. I don't know if one parent ruled over the other but in the end they would not accept it.
We then had to try to think of other ideas that were still not the "traditional" one that everyone had. (Cute couple in some field or on train tracks looking fondly at one another.) In the end Dane decided to use some of his comics that he made in anthropology class about us. He scanned and chose some then put our "butt sketch" from Texas in the middle of it.
My mom said that she liked it. ( making your own wedding invitations actually doesn't save you money. The websites that I looked at where you picked one of their backgrounds and just inserted you picture was a lot cheaper.) Anyways, we were pretty happy with how they ended up looking. We have gotten lots of compliments on them.
Oh yeah a lot of people say they can't figure out what the comics are about. You're not really supposed too. All the comics Dane made were really random. Here is an example of the top right one. It's me being evil and Dane being as innocent as any one can be. This is the full comic:
The french toast one was drawn because I was craving french toast one day.
Dane also made a Temple invitation.
This didn't end up in any of the invitations because apparently Costco or Sam's club couldn't print their sizes.
My parents seemed fine with the invitation then mom said it was hard to read so they needed to send a bigger one. Ashley (my sister in law) made a more fancy traditional one that was bigger that had no picture. Mom then said they needed a picture. (Whole time kind of complaining that couldn't see our faces on the other invitations.) We were running out of time by this time so she had Ashley take us quickly to a few spots to get our pictures taken. (The cutsie pictures that Dane hates).
Dane refused to take any kissing pictures for our engagements. At our wedding he reluctantly took a few. They were very quick. He hated my lipstick so tried to avoid it as much as possible. Ashley made the mistake of saying "last one" to one of our kissing pictures on our wedding day. So the stubborn side of Dane pounced on that. Now we hardly have any kissing pictures at our wedding and probably in our video. Jeremy my brother hasn't finished our video yet so I haven't seen it. So don't know.
This one below. We saw this house and really liked it. And were trying to create a pride and prejudice sort of picture. I wish I was leaning into the pole more. I think it would have looked a lot better if I had.
I was happy to get pictures of us together. All though it probably was all a scheme. Meaning that our invitations major concern wasn't that it was too small it was that mom wasn't crazy about them. I like how I am really laughing. I usually am not really laughing unless Dane is there :D
I got my bridals a few days ago they were all taken my Maddie Thomas. Dane's cousin. She was nice to offer them! I loved them! http://www.maddiethomasphotography.com/ .
I like this one below just wish my mouth wasn't open. It barley is so I just noticed. Oh well.
These boots were given to me by Gary. He originally bought them for Maren. He said he absolutely loved them but they were too big for her. They also didn't fit any of the girls in his family. For Christmas Dane's parents called Dane and asked what I would want for Christmas. He said I was looking for cowboy boots. That was the right answer. I guess Dane actually gave them to me. He worked over Christmas break at his house in Louisiana for them. It was so funny how Dane gave them to me. Dane occasionally will sing this song by Shania Twain that he learned as a little kid called "Whose Bed have your Boots been under". I had the opportunity to go to Texas for the 75th Cotton Bowl Game it was a spectacular event. Anyways when I got there Dane had me look around his hotel room. I did and eventually found a shiny pair of boots under his bed :) I love these boots so much. I feel like an English Rider in them :) My mom was nice enough to take them in and get them glued and polished before my wedding. I actually looked to find different shoes for my wedding but did not find any that I liked as much as my boots.
Tara Woffinden (Dane's sister) did my hair. I was really happy with it. One problem that I didn't realize though until my bridals were my bangs. They always seemed to be in my face. On my wedding day I made sure they were pinned back. I rented my dress at Gowns by Pamela. I was really happy with going there. I really liked my dress. The customer service there was really good.
This picture below is my dad's favorite. He loves to run on that trail and loves the background.
The flowers I have are fake. It's funny I got my bridals a few days before my wedding and so we were very busy meaning mainly my mom and Ashley. When we finally got to my bridals we realized we didn't have any flowers. Tara had these from Chloe's wedding though. They were a life saver. They matched my colors :D
There was a conflict between both of us dealing with the wedding. I always imagined the "traditional wedding" flowers, candles, lacy stuff etc. I always thought that the woman was usually the one that cared and not the man so it wouldn't be a problem. There was. So Dane and I made an agreement if I got to decide how the wedding ended up he got to make the invitations. It was settled.
Time passed and it was time to make the invitations. Dane had lots of different ideas and finally decided on one. He wanted both of us in Tron looking suites. So tight fitting space looking uniforms. We would then make paper mache helmets. Our background would either be in Torrey or the Salt Flats. Basically places that could pass for a different planet. On the back it would say "where no man has gone before" and have a lamb with a astronaut helmet on it. (I took that sheep class last semester so grew a fondness of sheep).
A lot of people thought this was a good idea. At least that is what they told us. Everyone except my parents. I don't know if one parent ruled over the other but in the end they would not accept it.
We then had to try to think of other ideas that were still not the "traditional" one that everyone had. (Cute couple in some field or on train tracks looking fondly at one another.) In the end Dane decided to use some of his comics that he made in anthropology class about us. He scanned and chose some then put our "butt sketch" from Texas in the middle of it.
My mom said that she liked it. ( making your own wedding invitations actually doesn't save you money. The websites that I looked at where you picked one of their backgrounds and just inserted you picture was a lot cheaper.) Anyways, we were pretty happy with how they ended up looking. We have gotten lots of compliments on them.
Oh yeah a lot of people say they can't figure out what the comics are about. You're not really supposed too. All the comics Dane made were really random. Here is an example of the top right one. It's me being evil and Dane being as innocent as any one can be. This is the full comic:
The french toast one was drawn because I was craving french toast one day.
Dane also made a Temple invitation.
This didn't end up in any of the invitations because apparently Costco or Sam's club couldn't print their sizes.
My parents seemed fine with the invitation then mom said it was hard to read so they needed to send a bigger one. Ashley (my sister in law) made a more fancy traditional one that was bigger that had no picture. Mom then said they needed a picture. (Whole time kind of complaining that couldn't see our faces on the other invitations.) We were running out of time by this time so she had Ashley take us quickly to a few spots to get our pictures taken. (The cutsie pictures that Dane hates).
Dane refused to take any kissing pictures for our engagements. At our wedding he reluctantly took a few. They were very quick. He hated my lipstick so tried to avoid it as much as possible. Ashley made the mistake of saying "last one" to one of our kissing pictures on our wedding day. So the stubborn side of Dane pounced on that. Now we hardly have any kissing pictures at our wedding and probably in our video. Jeremy my brother hasn't finished our video yet so I haven't seen it. So don't know.
This one below. We saw this house and really liked it. And were trying to create a pride and prejudice sort of picture. I wish I was leaning into the pole more. I think it would have looked a lot better if I had.
I was happy to get pictures of us together. All though it probably was all a scheme. Meaning that our invitations major concern wasn't that it was too small it was that mom wasn't crazy about them. I like how I am really laughing. I usually am not really laughing unless Dane is there :D
I got my bridals a few days ago they were all taken my Maddie Thomas. Dane's cousin. She was nice to offer them! I loved them! http://www.maddiethomasphotography.com/ .
I like this one below just wish my mouth wasn't open. It barley is so I just noticed. Oh well.
These boots were given to me by Gary. He originally bought them for Maren. He said he absolutely loved them but they were too big for her. They also didn't fit any of the girls in his family. For Christmas Dane's parents called Dane and asked what I would want for Christmas. He said I was looking for cowboy boots. That was the right answer. I guess Dane actually gave them to me. He worked over Christmas break at his house in Louisiana for them. It was so funny how Dane gave them to me. Dane occasionally will sing this song by Shania Twain that he learned as a little kid called "Whose Bed have your Boots been under". I had the opportunity to go to Texas for the 75th Cotton Bowl Game it was a spectacular event. Anyways when I got there Dane had me look around his hotel room. I did and eventually found a shiny pair of boots under his bed :) I love these boots so much. I feel like an English Rider in them :) My mom was nice enough to take them in and get them glued and polished before my wedding. I actually looked to find different shoes for my wedding but did not find any that I liked as much as my boots.
Tara Woffinden (Dane's sister) did my hair. I was really happy with it. One problem that I didn't realize though until my bridals were my bangs. They always seemed to be in my face. On my wedding day I made sure they were pinned back. I rented my dress at Gowns by Pamela. I was really happy with going there. I really liked my dress. The customer service there was really good.
This picture below is my dad's favorite. He loves to run on that trail and loves the background.
The flowers I have are fake. It's funny I got my bridals a few days before my wedding and so we were very busy meaning mainly my mom and Ashley. When we finally got to my bridals we realized we didn't have any flowers. Tara had these from Chloe's wedding though. They were a life saver. They matched my colors :D











































Those invitations are gorgeous. They may be more expensive but having that "we did this" touch to them really seems more important when inviting people to your wedding.
ReplyDeleteI love the pirate inventation XD
ReplyDelete