Monday, August 29, 2011

Becoming a Terp

On August 22 I had Orientation for the University of Maryland. I had a lot of extra time to explore the campus. The campus is the biggest campus I have ever seen! It is very beautiful. I will be happy when I know where everything is. The food court was also really big and nice. 




 I really liked Utah State and Logan it had its own more small town ways. University of Maryland will be exciting for the bigness I think. I also think it is more of a big deal to attend here than Utah State. It is harder to get into and is a much higher ranked school.  I have been happy with my decision to come here. Really happy in fact all until it was time to register for classes. I went to register and saw that UMD accepted barley any of my generals at Utah State. At Utah State I finished all my generals and was moving on to the pre-vet stuff. Here they are basically saying I have to start all my Core classes over again! Which I cannot do. I sent all my course descriptions to be reevaluated but we shall see. If they end up not taking my generals I may have to come back to Utah State. Which I would be sad about. This feels like a new chapter in my life. 
  One thing I must say was nice about Utah State is that they did not have all the papers I have had to fill our here. I have had to do all these health insurance and immunization records Utah State didn't ask for any of that. Thanks Utah State for that :) Dane's diploma is in our living room every time I see it I am filled with pride. I feel like getting a diploma is no easy thing. 



So far I have had two days being a Terp Host. Both times I was an usher for the event "The Global Prayer Summit". I like is so far. It was neat being at the global prayers summit there were so many people so happy. The religion that held it was called "The Shadow of the Almighty Prayer and Deliverance Church."  Everybody there was of color and most were from Africa. There was a lot of fun music which I enjoyed. There was also a lot of yelling most of which I couldn't understand just caught parts like if you pray you will be raised. A lot of the people had brooms and oil. One guy came up to my section and was singing and dancing to the music. He said his mom set up this event and he was proud of her. It was a really neat experience.
  It is weird for me to greet people. Normally I don't ever approach people. And now I need too.

At our wedding one really neat gift we got were these glasses. It was a very non-original gift. We were sad there wasn't an Avenger cup with Thor. Thor is both our favorite. Thor has only recently became  my favorite. I have just learned a lot about Vikings and Vikings gods from Dane and have grown a fondness for them.  Lol we even have Thor hammer necklaces made from Dane's Grandma. We were both very excited for them. Not many people around the US have Thor hammer necklaces that we know about.  I think it is neat that both are names are Scandinavian. Mine means Ever Powerful and Dane's mean Person from Denmark :)

Since I'm going on about neat gifts I really like things with names in them.

We got these for our wedding from a lady in my old home ward and really liked them.

1 comment: