Monday, August 29, 2011

Our Home in Maryland/ Math transfer difficulties


 We still do not have much furniture but here are some pictures of what we have so far. 

This is our bed :) The bed spread was made my Grandma June a few years ago. I love it and was really happy to have a queen again to use it. The pillow cases were made my little sister Alyssa. The Dinosaur blanket is Dane's I believe he got it from his parents when he was little. The bear is Blue Bear it has been Dane's prized possession since he was one. Eeyor I got a few years ago. When I was little he was always my favorite character on Winnie the Pooh. 


 Below is Dane's computer and where he put all his posters. Those posters include maps from his favorite video games, pictures he has drawn, the galaxy, and genealogy charts.
 This is our guest Bathroom. Dane chose everything. We got it at Bed Bath and Beyond where we had a lot of money from our wedding. Thanks again everybody for the wedding gifts!


 I wanted a doormat with a C with swirls. But Dane wanted this one a lot more. Our house seems to have a critter theme.
 Dane put this up in our kitchen without me knowing and was really excited for me to see it. It is  kind of a fuzzy picture it reads:
"Cattle did, kindred die, Every man is mortal: 
But I know one thing that never dies,
the fame of a dead man's deeds."
-- The havamal
 I got these at my bridal shower from Dane's Grandma Dallyne. I thought they were so beautiful!
 This is our bathroom. Again Dane chose everything.  I think he would rather have had a whale but there  were none available.



 Dane got this towel as a Graduation gift. I can't remember who gave it to him :( I thought it was a good gift though.
 Our kitchen table for now :D It was originally planned for out TV.
 Our very low chandelier. Which Dane despises.
 Backyard
I was very excited to get a new home we had a few obstacles in our way. The main one being Internet. The Internet got installed last Wednesday! We technically could move into this house on August 8th but we did not officially move into it until the evening of August 20th. Only reason we moved out of Gary's apartment was that there was no more room. It was actually sad moving away we had a lot of fun there. I especially liked the first week we got to Maryland. Dane's mom and dad and Quinn were the only ones at the apartment at that time. I really like Dane's parents. Gary at that time had a little bit more open schedule so he was able to be around more.  After Maren left Gary had to stay at the Dorms at school. So both the parents were gone. Mikauli then moved in. I  like both Quinn and Mikauli but having them both there made a lot more fights.
  Dane then started working full time as a Construction worker. I am thankful he has a decent job now with good hours. It's just a really hard on his body. When Dane was at work from 6am till about 6pm I was basically home all day alone. Mikauli and Quinn had athletics to attend to. I  worked on my sheep paper, caught up on reading and kind of prepared for the math placement exam.
  Speaking of that Math placement exam, Math has been so frustrating for me through college. In high school I was pretty decent at math I could do it and for the most part I enjoyed Algebra. I then took geo/trig honors. That was a mistake in every way possible one taking geometry and trigenometry at the same time and taking an honors course. I did really poorly in that class. That was my Junior year and so decided not to take math my senior year. I really regret that decision. Math  is a lot harder in college. In my high school the next math course to take was pre-calculus it is a whole year class. In College it is only a semester. Anyways when I got to College I was way behind in Math mainly because I had not taken it in a year and just needed a review. But did not have the materials I needed to review so started from the very beginning Math900 (beginning Algebra) Then in the Summer I took Math1010  (Basically what algebra 2 was in high school)  Then I took Math 1050 (College Algebra or pre-calculus). I did not do very well in that class I of course have a million excuses why :) My schedule was too full, the teacher was bad. I studied so hard for those tests and never came out with a good grade :(  All my finals were at the first two days of the week one after the other. I passed with a C though and was able to move onto Calculus. Calculus I worked at really hard too but did not do well I ended up with a D. For my major the reason I needed to take Calculus was to take a physics class. To move on to physics I needed anything better than a D. So I knew I would need to retake it.
  In the summer I decided to apply to the University of Maryland. I knew I would need to retake Calculus there too because a D was still not passing. I assumed because I had just recently taken all those math classes they would accept them all except for Calculus. Nope they didn't accept any and wanted me to take a math placement exam. I took it not having anytime to prepare and the want me to start all over again! I can't continue taking on classes without those maths. I will try to prepare this semester. But jeez it is so frustrating.

   That was a really big tangent. Math has given me and is giving me a huge headache.

So Dane and I lived at Gary's till Saturday when he came home from the dorms then the next Tuesday or Wednesday the rest of the family came up so Maren, Macloud and Torriana. It has been nice having them here. I like them all a lot. Having Maren means I actually do stuff again. Dane and I only have one car so I am still just left at home. School will start on Wednesday and then the Dairy should start soon. Terp host is usually just on the weekends for events.

No comments:

Post a Comment