Yay for the snow! I think the most exciting thing about snow is just the change of scenery. And the more snow we have the more water we will have in the spring and the summer. And it gets me in the mood for Christmas!
So I am still having hearing problems since my scuba dive down to the crater. I went back to my nurse practitioner and she said my ear drum had retracted a lot and I needed to go to an Ear specialist. So I saw the ear specialist yesterday. It was so cool when they looked into my ears they had a camera so I was able to see inside my ear on a computer! I got to see my normal ear and my "bad" ear. My bad ear looked pretty bad. The ear canal was all bloody and my ear drum had all this fluid and looked kind of shrunken. They are thinking maybe I was congested when I went scuba diving which made equalizing harder. But I don't know. I talked to my scuba diving instructor a few weeks ago and he suggested Sudafed I took that a few weeks ago and it seemed to do nothing. The ear specialist wanted me to try it again and try an antibiotic. I will see him again in about a week an a half. If the antibiotics didn't do anything the doctor will need to put a hole in my ear to release the fluid. I guess my ear drum is like inside out right now. Depending on how my ear heals I may or may not be able to take my last part of the scuba certification. And the doctor thought my ears may not be cut out for scuba diving I kind of have issues with swimmers ear and ear infections.
As far as scuba certification I want to finish to get my certification. I want to finish because I am taking it at school the class is part of my grade. And I want to finish because my Scuba class has been pretty expensive. I paid half for my certification and am supposed to pay the other half when we return to the crater in december. I will be pretty bugged if I can't get that $80 I have already paid for.
Another bummer with my ear is because I am taking antibiotics I can't "donate" plasma until I have been off them for a few weeks :( Maybe it's a good think I think donating plasma is hard on your body. I have been having issues with my pulse being too high. It wasn't ever too high when I started donating. I will try to add more Cardio fitness in my life to see if that helps.
I signed up for my classes for next semester this week! My schedule is just really annoying. I didn't have very much options. When I signed up for Biology I there were like 15 different class options and now for Biology II only 3. Organic Chemistry was the same. I have to take a labs for both which are really hard to schedule since they are 2 to 4 hours long and only available a few times a week. I hate driving to school everyday I feel so bad using gas. But the bus system in Utah is so bad that I can't even work it out with my schedule. The Trax system from Salt Lake city to Provo will finally open on December 5th! I am so happy on Utah working on there public transportation!
Anyways back to my class schedule. So I tried making my schedule so I don't have to drive 5 days a week. But only could make it 4. So Now one of the days I get a lab on Saturday. It was really frustrating that there was no option for me to fit it in on one of the other days.
Today is Dane's last day of football for this season. It has been really fun to watch him play. I am really glad he did it. Dane and I are signed up for a dodgeball team thing. I haven't played since 6th grade. And if anybody has seen my coordination with balls you all know how that is going :) But I am glad to be doing something active.
I hope you have fun playing dodgeball:) The football really was a blast. I will miss seeing you on Saturday's. Good luck with your ear!
ReplyDelete