Dane, Alyssa and I made it to the Steamfest in Layton Utah on July 27 2013. It was fun to see other people's costumes but I don't think I will be going again mainly because it was $20 a person. I was happy for the edited picture below that was free. The photographer was really friendly. That white at my waist is showing because I had a too thin of waistband but it is now fixed. I need a picture that shows the details of my dress more. This victorian/steampunk dress has been my favorite sewn item that I have made. I especially love the material. It was on sale at home fabrics. Dane's outfit was kind of thrown together. His vest that you can't really see was an accident. It was supposed to be a civil war uniform for the Brigham Ball that ended up looking more like a dress. So Dane improvised and unpicked all of the sleeves and the bottom of it and had Alyssa hem it. We thought it ended up looking pretty Steampunky and ended up using it. Instead of a cowboy vest we were planning on making for it. His coat really tied his costume together I believe he got it from his Great Grandfather.
The Brigham Ball at This is the Place heritage park was actually really fun. It was only $5 dollars a person. I love to folk dance. A lot of people had really nice clothes. It was cut short because we were late and Dane had to go to work. But I do want to go again.
Below is a picture of my dress half made. (I never got a picture at the Brigham Ball)
Our vacation this summer was going to be to go to Canada to visit Dane's family but had to be changed because Dane had to change his job. So we ended up going to Torrey which was really nice. We hiked Calf Creek Falls again. I really like that hike I just wish it wasn't so crowded (it was fourth of July weekend).
School starts next week. I am not quite ready. I just finished a Calculus class that was very difficult. I am really excited about Genetics but I am dreading Physics and Organic Chemistry 2. This will be my last semester at Salt Lake Community College. I will be very sad to leave it. I never knew how great Community colleges were. They have teachers that seem to actually want you to succeed and the smaller classes are so nice!




No comments:
Post a Comment