My Grandma told me to take a lot of pictures and write things because you will forget a lot. So here is my attempt to write about our trip so I can look back later.
We flew from Las Vegas to Toronto and then from there to Iceland. Getting off the plane in Iceland was pretty weird we had to walk outside to the airport and it was very cold the sun was still out and it was midnight so coming from Las Vegas it was a completely new world. It was also pretty strange to me because before this trip I never really thought about ever going to Iceland. I had thought about Denmark and Sweden because of my ancestors but never thought of Iceland. We ended up going to Iceland because it was the same price of just going to England. I am really happy we went to Iceland I want to visit more Scandinavian countries.
This church behind Dane is Hallgrimskirkja
We got to see some neat geysers
There were a lot of trolls around. Our bus driver made sure to let us know that Frozen was wrong in portraying trolls as nice fun loving creatures because everybody knows that trolls want to eat people:) I forgot to get a picture of a an elf house but a lot of people had little houses in front of their houses for elves to live in. I thought they were really cute.
This is the Skalholt Cathedral.
This was next to the Skalholt Catherdral. Dane really wants to have a house like this.
We flew from Las Vegas to Toronto and then from there to Iceland. Getting off the plane in Iceland was pretty weird we had to walk outside to the airport and it was very cold the sun was still out and it was midnight so coming from Las Vegas it was a completely new world. It was also pretty strange to me because before this trip I never really thought about ever going to Iceland. I had thought about Denmark and Sweden because of my ancestors but never thought of Iceland. We ended up going to Iceland because it was the same price of just going to England. I am really happy we went to Iceland I want to visit more Scandinavian countries.
This church behind Dane is Hallgrimskirkja
We tried fermented shark at Cafe Loki we didn't really like it. I did really like the herring. The traditional meal that I got had rye bread with smashed fish and herring. And rye bread ice cream.
(not my picture got off Pinterest but what I ordered)
We went to the National Museum of Iceland and really liked that. It had a lot of old viking stuff. We a went to the Settlement Exhibition next. The settlement exhibition is based on a excavation that showed evidence of oldest human settlement in Iceland. I wish we made it to the Saga Museum.
Horseback riding in Iceland I think was the highlight of our trip. The Icelandic horse is a shorter breed but is not considered a pony. We got to go on a pretty long trail ride. We could trot and gallop. They gave us food at the end of out ride. Both my horse and Dane's horse was named Stjornu which means star in Icelandic.
They had a wall of pictures of famous people that came to their ranch. Viggo Mortensen came! My 8th grade heart is so happy ;)
We also got to see a few pretty amazing waterfalls.
We got to see some neat geysers
There were a lot of trolls around. Our bus driver made sure to let us know that Frozen was wrong in portraying trolls as nice fun loving creatures because everybody knows that trolls want to eat people:) I forgot to get a picture of a an elf house but a lot of people had little houses in front of their houses for elves to live in. I thought they were really cute.
This is the Skalholt Cathedral.
This was next to the Skalholt Catherdral. Dane really wants to have a house like this.
We stayed at a guest house in Reykjavik. We were pretty happy with it. We shared a bathroom with three other rooms and everybody was pretty busy so there was no issue at all. The guest house did have a fridge which no other place we stayed at had so that was really nice.
Looking back now I think we would have rented a car in Iceland. We took a tour bus to the waterfalls and did not have enough time at any place. However, the tour buses gave us a lot of valuable information we would have not gotten other wise.






No comments:
Post a Comment