Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Honeyoon!

Right now I am sitting in a tent in the backyard of Georgia White's home in Pebble beach. So far my honeymoon has been quite enjoyable. We started out heading toward the Grand Canyon. Neither Dane or myself had ever been to it. Driving to the Grand Canyon we stayed in this tiny city in Utah called Kanab. It was really neat there were lots of Native American shops we could look at also lots of things on old movies. A lot of Western films had been filmed there. Our hotel's theme was  old movies. After leaving Kanab we eventually made it to the Grand Canyon which was beautiful. The hike we decided on wasn't that great however. It was all down hill one way and all up hill the other way. So coming up made it really difficult. It was also very sandy and mules had recently plunged down it leaving their manure.
   After leaving Grand Canyon we wanted to camp but did not find any camping grounds that looked that great so we kept driving into the night. When it became late we pulled into a city. The city we stayed at started with an S. I can't think of the name it was. All it had was really ghetto hotels. We stayed at one that said it was Norwegien  owned. The host was not Norwegien we believe it was a way to be racist. Since all the other motels were owned by Indians from India. We left our motel as soon as we could.
    Then we drove to Newport Beach California where my Grandma Odette lives. The traffic was pretty descent and we were happy for our GPS. Grandma's house was a lot of fun. We really enjoyed talking to her and for her hospitality.  She gave Dane and old Winston Churchill coin from England. Which Dane was joyous over. He collects silver coins. She made us yummy food too, which we appreciated. In Newport we went to Balboa Island and also to Big Corona. Both of which were really pretty. I love the smell of the Ocean!
  We then headed off to Pebble Beach. Pebble Beach is really gorgeous. It is right next to the golf course which is right next to the ocean. Dane and I walked next to the cliffs and the shore. Which was a moment that took my breath away it was so beautiful. I felt like it was very romantic. Until Dane started whispering "romance" into my ear ;) The next day we went to the Monterey Aquarium. That aquarium was the best one I have been too. My favorite part was the sea horse room. Sea horses are so cool to watch! Their fins look like wings in the water they are moving so fast it looks like the sea horses are flying. Dane and I then walked to Fisherman's Wharf. I really liked Fisherman's Wharf there were lots of shops and seafood restaurants. We ate at one and I got there famous clam chowder bowl. Which was really good. Dane and I went to this neat antique store where I got a porcelain teapot from Delft, Holland. The next day we went Kayaking. That was a lot of fun there were a lot of sea otters right next to our boat! They are sooooo cute! I love them so much. I also love hearing all the sea lions and seals around here. The next day we went hiking at Point Lobos now that was really neat. The majority of our hike was jumping up and down on rocks next to the sea. There was a lot of wild life on those rocks. I believe I saw four starfish which I've never seen any in the wild life. There were a lot of crabs and just tons of shells.
   These nights have been quite enjoyable and we have had splendid company. And it's weird that Dane and I are still not finished. I kind of don't want to leave. Leaving is going to be really stressful  when we get home. Dane and I will be headed off to Maryland which I am really worried for.



1 comment:

  1. Dane wanted me to note that he did not whisper "romantic" in my ear he whispered "romance" in my ear.
    Also that the grand canyon is a canyon hence should be going down. So I shouldn't be complaining about it.

    ReplyDelete