Sunday, July 31, 2011

Swamp Tour and Plantation

 Here I am excited to go on a swamp tour. I think the ride "The Jungle Cruise" at Disneyland is what made me excited for it. Disneyland also made me excited for Louisiana. Disneyland has that New Orleans square that is very beautiful and always has fun music being played. The Haunted Mansion is also designed like one of those old plantations it has the Colonial or Greek pillars.




 The Great Blue Heron above and the American Anhinga below or the "Snake Bird" They are known as The snake bird because after they dive in the water they bring their head up like a snake in the water.




 Cajun folk
Here is the head of a three year old gator above. Our tour guide would throw in a fishing line with what sort of looked like a fish at the end of it to lure the gator closer to us. I thought it was kind of sad I wish he would feed it instead of tease it with fake food.
 This is a Mama alligator protecting her nest. I didn't like riding so close to her. I knew that she could jump in if she wanted to. She was making some really loud hissing noises.


 This spider is called the Golden silk orb-weaver. There were a ton of them around the bayou. They were very large. The large ones are the female ones.
Below are the Plantation that we visited. I was really excited to see a plantation!

 Kind of bed I always wanted.



 Dane said all the plantations that he has been to they always have a bird cage shaped similar.


 Doors shorter back then. Women usually about four feet and the men usually about five feet. The wall is painted to look like sugar cane since that is what the plantation grew.
 Pineapple was a gift of welcome. Also a gift to indicate you have stayed to long.
 Where women used to have babies.  The room was too small so I couldn't get a picture of the whole couch. Basically one pillow on each side for mother in labor and for the midwife.







Above is where any visiting boys would spend the night.


Picture from Crowtons' balcony. I love sitting out there during the nighttime. Baton Rouge's sky is red at night. I think it's breathtaking. Also frogs come out and I find their noises calming. I have really enjoyed the rain here. The thunderstorms are a lot bigger than in Utah. They were frightening how close they were.

No comments:

Post a Comment