Friday, August 31, 2012

He who controls the spice controls the universe-Frank Herbert

He who controls the spice controls the universe--- for those of you who don't know that quote is from the book Dune by Frank Herbert.

I've come a cross a lot of things lately where I keep thinking money controls the world. It is  pretty sad and annoying for the poorer people. But I know there are so many more people in the world who are way way worse off then me so I should never feel bad.
  I saw this from John Tesh; Statistics show that if you have food in your fridge, clothes on your back, a roof over your head, and a place to sleep, then you're richer than 75% of the world.

Since the storm at Maryland that left our power out for a few days. Being so dependent on electricity has really gotten me paranoid. My prayers go out to the people dealing with hurricane isaac. Power going out is a lot different t in Maryland than Utah. When power goes out in Utah you basically know the most it will be is a few hours. Maryland or anywhere with big trees I am guessing it can be days or weeks.
  The power went out for us when we were moving out of our Apartment in two days. It was really bad timing. Luckily the power came on the morning that we were ready to leave and I could vacuum and get all the stuff I didn't see with sunlight and flashlights.
  But anyways it made me really envious of amish people who are not dependent upon electricity. I know I need to figure out ways to not become so dependent I just don't really know where to begin.... Also I will be really happy when I can finally own a home and have a garden. I miss gardening a lot.

School has started and has made me really happy. I really do like school and learning.  I really really like going to a Community College it makes me wonder why I didn't do it when I started. It has a lot smaller classes and the teachers have more time with you. There is homework which I like having. Most of my USU classes just had the exams.

I'm taking this scuba diving class to get scuba certification for this intern I want to do. Hopefully it goes well I've only had one classroom class so I really don't know yet. A pre-requisite for the class is to be able to swim 200 yards. I've started swimming laps. I never knew before I much I enjoy swimming laps. Who would have guessed?

1 comment:

  1. You will do great! That's a great quote. There is a big difference between having life that's hard, just like most people, or having a hard life. Sometimes it's just a matter of looking at things differently. there will always be people who are worse off than us and people who are better off. We just need to find our place and learn to make the most of it. I think you are amazing and I love that you love school and learning. I think that's why I like to read so much. I always learn new stuff and it makes me feel like I've had a lot of adventures:). Scuba diving? Fantastic! I hope you have the time of your life!

    ReplyDelete