As many of you know the film Noah just recently came out. I was surprised by all the posts I saw on facebook mainly written by people in the Utah Valley Mormon community. A lot of people were very offended by the movie and walked out. Overall, the main reasons people were offended were because: 1. Didn't say true to the bible and added "ridiculous" things 2. Noah was portrayed as an "evil"man and not as a true prophet of God. I found both these statements odd especially after watching the movie myself.
When you really think about the story of Noah it doesn't make much sense. So any "ridiculous" things added or deleted shouldn't be a big deal at all. I liked how the movie explained why all the animals didn't eat each other and how Noah got them on the boat. I really liked the watchers too.
As far as Noah being evil, the movie seemed to say the opposite. I think if you were commanded by God to kill everybody that would be very difficult. I think anyone would go kind of crazy from it. Going kind of insane shows that Noah does deeply care about people and is the opposite of evil. The old testament God seems very harsh.
I really liked the movie and found it inspiring instead of blasphemous.
(Image from http://www.rogueplanetsurvival.com/past/)
When you really think about the story of Noah it doesn't make much sense. So any "ridiculous" things added or deleted shouldn't be a big deal at all. I liked how the movie explained why all the animals didn't eat each other and how Noah got them on the boat. I really liked the watchers too.
As far as Noah being evil, the movie seemed to say the opposite. I think if you were commanded by God to kill everybody that would be very difficult. I think anyone would go kind of crazy from it. Going kind of insane shows that Noah does deeply care about people and is the opposite of evil. The old testament God seems very harsh.
I really liked the movie and found it inspiring instead of blasphemous.
(Image from http://www.rogueplanetsurvival.com/past/)

No comments:
Post a Comment