Thursday, July 23, 2015

Glasgow and Goodbye Europe

Getting out of Orkney was a little challenging. They have an airport but a very very small one. We went to the Orkney airport  from there we were scheduled  to go to Glasgow. All the planes were delayed. We waited for about three hours and our plane hadn't  left Glasgow yet. The plane leaving to Edinburgh which was three hours late was leaving and said they had two extra seats for anyone wanting to go. Dane ran up to the front and got got those two seats. It is about and hour drive from Edinburgh to Glasgow. I had no idea why Dane was in a rush to get those tickets. As far as I knew we didn't really have very set plans in Glasgow.

It turned out that we did have plans very big plans. Dane got concert tickets to the Idina Menzel concert for our anniversary! I was very surprised. And I felt kind of bad he took us to Europe I thought that was more than enough for a graduation/birthday/anniversary present.



The concert was a good one. 

We met a lot of people in Glasgow that were very hard to understand. They seemed extra annoyed that we didn't understand their accent too. 




We went on a tour bus that told us about everything in the city it also allowed you get off wherever and then catch another tour bus later. That ended up giving us a lot of information and we enjoyed it. 



We didn't buy things in the other cities figuring that Glasgow would have all we needed for gifts for other people. That plan didn't work out so well. Glasgow didn't seem to have the best stuff. We wish we had bought something in Orkney or Oban for example. 

Overall we had an amazing trip. It was very cold though. I have never bought so many hot chocolates in my whole life. Dane loved the temperature.  The picture below is a picture we took in Texas showing our thermal heat. Dane and I are very different. We did have a few nice days though. I learned a few things about Dane and myself too. Dane is a very happy camper it takes an awful amount to upset him. It seems the harder it gets the more optimistic he gets. I am the opposite and need to work on that :) 

 Goodbye Europe! I hope to see you again soon! Oh yeah in the airport there was this whole fleet of what appeared to be the equivalence of boy scouts except they were in kilts. I thought they all looked very nice.


Overall, I am happy we did public transportation however, there were a few places a car would have been nice. Mainly in Iceland and parts of Scotland (Orkney).




No comments:

Post a Comment