It's weird that I keep wanting to write on this. I guess I didn't bring my journal and new things are happening... Am I have a strong feeling nobody reads this. So all is good. And I guess I need things to do when Dane is sleeping or playing games on his ipad.
I have discovered on this trip I have grown sentimental. I keep thinking of my family and how I never want to leave them. I have never been a way from them for a very long period of time Maryland will be the first real far away place.
On this trip I was getting sick of Dane's ipod music so I finally convinced him to let me listen to "my" ipod for a bit. (It's not actually my ipod it his one of his. An old one that he let me borrow years ago so it has music that is his and music that I have put on it. )
I really like musicals which he is not a big fan of. I have found ones he can handle, usually they have to have a really strong story and can't have a lot of women "screeching". He doesn't like women hitting those really high notes.
Anyways back to my story. I started playing Les Miserables on my ipod. It reminded me of all the road trips I took with my dad listening to these broadway musicals. My dad and I have very similar tastes in music. That is where I got my love for musicals, from my father. I had so much fun in those car rides with him. He also used to always take me swimming when I was little. Those were my most fond memories as a child. I bet it had a big deal with trust. I didn't really know how to swim for a while but he would always have me jump into his arms and he would always catch me. I remember doing that a lot in the pool in the Netherlands. The Sterrenbad. Or he would swim me across the pool on his back. He got to do his laps and I got a free ride across the pool pretending I was running away from Native Americans attacking us with spears. That thought came to me from the Tape we used to sing to in the car it was an old Disney one that he used to listen to as a child. The song was about John Colter swimming away from the Native Americans. Dad was always doing fun stuff. I even liked practicing multiplication with flash cards with him. It just showed that he cared and was trying to teach me. I was quite annoying with those flash cards every time he would pull one out I would say "oh that is so easy" trying to think of the answer as I said it. He wasn't fooled :)
I definitely got my longing to travel from dad. He has traveled all over the world and still has a burning desire for more. Right now his real desire is to go to Israel. I always loved that he went on an LDS mission to Italy. I could always ask him language questions and culture ones. Eating at La Dolce Vita I liked for him to be able to tell me what everything was and also for him to converse with the woman from Naples. I love my dad.
I am missing my mom. Traveling on this honeymoon has really reminded me of our trips to Iowa. I don't really know why maybe it's simply the feeling of traveling to new places. My mom is very very kind. She does too much for people. I cannot count that number of times she has made a meal for me, or for everybody in our whole family. She has cleaned my room so many times she was always offering money or any help when I went to college. And for my wedding she did so much. I babysit our family for a week this summer while my mom and dad went to a much needed trip to Hawaii. It was so hard I couldn't believe what my mom does everyday. She cleans way way too much and cooks way way too much.
My mom is also a good shoulder to cry on. Which I did not discover until this summer. I had a lot of breaking points before my wedding. My mom was always there helping me, even when I snapped at her she would come. I am missing her pork chops and eggs this trip. Coming home from college she always made sure my room was clean. She also always to try to make meals for Dane. I always really like those. I loved sitting at the table with everybody. My mom would always call and check up on me. Always make sure everything was okay. Always get me to places I needed. I am not a fan of driving and have become aware of how much she drove me when she was tired. She had to wake up when I missed the bus stop. I really love my mom.
Over all I think my wedding day went really well. I was very excited to marry Dane. In the temple I couldn't believe my joy for the sealing. To be married to Dane :D He didn't seem that excited which was sort of sad. I know he was uncomfortable with the Temple though which was okay.
I was really happy with my hair and makeup. My hair sort of reminded me of a mix of Jane Austen and Emma Smith just older fashion which I really like. My sister in law Ashley Anderson told me about this big Jane Austen festival in England in the city of Bath. I really want to visit that some day. I was really happy with my dress. I loved that corset! I was pretty happy with my weight by the time I got married. I was at 126 lbs. Which is really good for me. I'm about 5"6. That diet "17 day diet" I actually liked. My mom could make really good foods following it. One thing I didn't like about it though was I only would have a bowel movement once a week. That didn't seem right.
I was really happy with all the people that came to the temple. I was not expecting so many. After getting endowed in the Provo Temple I was regretting having my sealing in the Logan temple it just seemed so far away. And the actual temple we got sealed at didn't seem that important. However, because of all the relatives from Dane's family that was able to come I was happy with it. I was also very happy to be back in Logan. I don't realize how much I like Logan until I come back to it.
I was really happy with the reception! I thought it was gorgeous! I loved the flowers that Debbie Lewis did. She did an amazing job! I was really happy being able to stand next to a river. I was a little disappointed with how many came. I thought a lot more people from my ward would come. It made me want to make sure I try to go to weddings. It makes people feel important. I was also very sad with the whole Lisa situation I can't get it off of my mind. I was really sad she and Ryan couldn't come and also her parents. Things got so hectic we ended up not having music. Which was sad too. Oh well. One other thing that was kind of sad looking back at pictures was the dead grass. Someone accidently put weed killer on the grass that killed the grass
Some of the beautiful flowers!
.
Some of the beautiful flowers!
.
I'm pretty sure pretty much everybody from Dane's side came. His family is really supportive it is really neat to see. So many of them came to my bridal shower I was so surprised. With that bridal shower nothing could have gone better. I had such a good time! And so happy his family came I didn't think they would because I did not know a lot of them too well. I was really happy Ashley did a Pride and Prejudice theme with that too. I loved the music she had playing at it. Ashley is always so nice and helpful. The games ended up good too. It was good though when Alyssa came and stopped them they were getting long after a while.




Wow, sounds like you're a tad home sick. But that is understandable, especially since it's kind of your first time away from home for a long time, you're starting a new life, and that can be scary. (At least that is how I imagine things to be. It is publicized that way in literature, pop culture, and other such venues. I have yet to start my own adventure on the wild ride of an independent life.)
ReplyDeleteYour reception was so classy and so well done. It was so your style. But I can't believe you will be gone. All my good friends are starting to really peal off and leave. But I couldnt be more thrilled for you.
Thinking of you, Love you, hope you have fun on your honeymoon!
<3/ Ashley Lunt